How am I supposed to eat all the favorite food and watch out my weight during Chinese New Year?
- Serve a variety of vegetables during mealtimes which contain lots of minerals and vitamins/
- Serve foods high in fibre such as brown rice or whole grain breads to give satiety feeling to avoid overeating in next meal.
- Prepare the food using healthier methods such as steam, boiled, grill, stir-fry instead of deep fried.
- Use variety of herbs and spice to flavour your food.
- Avoid or consume less of sugary food and beverage. Alcoholic beverages limit to 1 glass per day.
- Serve fish and lean meat more rather than red meat as fish has less cholesterol and saturated fat.
- Trim away the visible fat or skin of your poultry.
- Serve fruits as a healthier choice of snack.
To get better understanding on the calorie content of the Chinese New Year food, click here.